Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby Bumblebees

Halloween is such a funny holiday.
First you go to your weekly playgroup and Mama puts you in a costume, and all your friends are dressing up, too.  And some of them are happier about it than others.  Us?  We were pretty zen about being bumblebees in the garden at Kai's house. 


Halloween Playgroup.  Aren't we scary?  Boo!
 Mama was our beekeeper that day.  She said she didn't need protective clothing because our little stingers were soft. 

"Picking Up A Baby Bumblebee" (or two!)
And then you go to Papa's work Halloween Party and you get to eat cookies shaped like animals.  Then you get to play in Papa's cublicle and pull on all kinds of printer cables. 

We Love HP!  They have cookies and cables and power cords all over the place.
  Then you get to go to a party where you hang out with your friend Wesley. 

Dinosaurs seem to make bumblebees anxious...
 Than after 3 days of festivities, there is all-day fun! 

Mama says we are her little pumpkins.  Here is Pumpkin Emilie:


Jack-O-Lantern Smile!

Seriously with the hat, Mama?

Smiley Pumpkin
Pumpkin Celeste:
I'm not too sure about this pumpkin business. 
I'm going to hop over and we are going to talk about it.

I feel much better about being a pumpkin when I'm with Mama!
Then our cousins came over.  Nick was Darth Vader and Abby was Thumbelina. 
Nick Vader and Abbylina
We didn't really recognize Nick when he was wearing that mask, so he took it off when we were taking pictures together.  Those are the pumpkins Mama and Papa carved.  Celeste's has 2 teeth, and Emilie's has 3 teeth, just like we had at Halloween! 

I wonder how many teeth Nick and Abby's pumpkins have?
Our pumpkins look happier than we do about taking this picture.
Here we are in our bumblebee costumes, ready for trick or treating!
Is this antenna attached?
Is it time for trick-or-treating yet?
Here we are at one house (FYI- we only went to friends' houses).

Celeste: This bumblebee is ready for a nap!
Emilie: Celebrity Baby Bumblebee
We had a great first Halloween, even if Mama and Papa didn't let us have any candy.  They gave it all away to the nearly 200 trick-or-treaters who came to our house before 7:45 p.m.  Maybe next year?

1 comment:

  1. They look adorable - such cuties!!! At first I was surprised they were bees because I was thinking they'd be pumpkins since I know Mama was one in high school. But then I saw pumpkin costumes! Love the actual pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete