Emilie: I was staying at the NICU for several days. First the doctors thought that I may have an infection so they started an IV and gave me antibiotics- they bruised my hand and foot!! They drew blood and told me that it would take 48h to 72h to get the results. Of course, I did not have anything, but I had to keep taking those antibiotics for 2 days. That sucked!
The main concern from the doctor was that I was not keeping my blood sugar level high enough... Well, what do you think? I have a small belly and you don't give me my mom's breast... so what do you expect people!? Good thing Papa was coming to see me very often with Mama's first milk. I also had many visits from Mama and Omi. That was nice... better than some of the nurses here who were not always nice with Mama and Papa or were giving me inconsistent feedings (I did not think it was normal to have one time 30ccs, and the next time 60ccs). Anyway, on Friday morning (1/8), after Papa fed me, he stayed there and told the nurse that he would not leave until they released me. After a while, the doctor came, reviewed my chart and gave the order for me to be released... Yeah!!! Soon I could be with my mom and sister upstairs!
But the worse part is that I did not have that much time to rest. Everyday, from 6.30am to 1pm, there was tons of people coming to check on me and Mama: blood pressure, heart beat, all kind of checks, especially for Mama who had quite a surgery!
Overall we had a very good experience. Omi took several days off to help. She was giving Mama and Papa great advice, and was always making sure we had the best nurses. She even was able to get us the VIP treatment with a real bed for Papa to sleep. And she took care of me several times to allow my parents to sleep a little.
Way to go Omi!
So later in the afternoon on 1/8 we were together again! That was so nice to sleep next to each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment