Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our trip to Europe... The departure (1/6)

This summer Papa took some Family Bonding leave to spend time with us!  Lucky us!  We have been back now for more than a week so it's time to tell you all about our trip in Europe. We did not have much internet access there so we could not update the blog.  We are going to tell you all about our trip now, though!

We left on July 5th. Omi drove us with Papa and Mama to the airport. Once we arrived there, after we got our tickets, we went through security. Everything went smoothly. Papa and Mama removed their shoes, put the car seats and snap-and-go in the X-ray machine, but then an agent asked US to remove our shoes!! How weird is that? Papa told us that the agent probably thinks it's possible to make a bomb from 6-month baby shoes... Do we look like the shoe-bomber type?!

We ended up having a 4-hour delay!  Mama was not too happy waiting several more hours, and we were not either. But she was able to take good care of us while Papa talked to the airline people.  (We are both under the cover in this picture!)

Céleste:  Papa fixed everything and we boarded the plane. We even got upgraded to first class so I asked Papa if I could try one of the seats... not too bad but I was a little scared. Sophie my giraffe too.  It was our first flight, after all!  (We decided to sit on Papa's lap).


Emilie: I was on Mama's lap. It was very comfortable for me!  When we arrived in Chicago, rushed to our plane to Brussels and we were en route pour l'Europe! My sister and I had no issues with the pressure difference in our ears. During the flight, Papa and Mama had nobody sitting next to them (mama kindly suggested the guy next to her to change seats as the flight was not too full. Initially he wanted to stay but I started to show him my nice range of cries and that did the trick!) so we had our own seats to play and sleep.

1 comment: