Friday, August 20, 2010

Our trip to Europe... Ste Cécile (2/6)

Once we arrived, Bon-Papa was there to pick us up and  drive us from Brussels to Hazebrouck, where our grandparents live (this is in the North of France, not far from the Belgian border). Mama sang us lots and lots of songs in the car since she said sometimes men would rather get lost than use a map (or a GPS)!  Waaahhh!  "There was a farmer had a dog, and Bingo was his name-O!  B-I-N-G-O..."

But we quickly forgot about this. It was nice to see Bon-Papa and Bonne-Maman again! The plan was to go to Ste Cécile, a little beach town on the English Channel. The view from the apartment was fantastic. And since we had jet-lag, we could admire the place all night long...


During the day, we wanted to swim, or at least splash in the water. So Mama put some sunscreen on us. Here is Céleste on the left with her dot of cream on her nose and Emilie on the right:
And here we are with all our beach gear:
We really enjoyed being with our grandparents and playing in the water...


Oh... by the way, those other kids in the background are our cousins Matthias and Alix. They were there too with Bon-Papa and Bonne-Maman for the week. They dug a little pool just for us so that we could play safely! Thanks!!

And then it was time for a bath...But I think Papa and Mama forgot the water... hey!! Aren't you forgetting something here!!?? We want to play splish splash in the water!!

Céleste: So during that week, we played a lot with our cousins and had good moments with Bon-Papa and Bonne-Maman. Now we know them quite well. For instance, I can tell you that Bonne-Maman really likes beer... I wanted to taste but she did not want to share!  :(

Emilie: Alix and Matthias taught us new French songs, especially "j'aime la galette"... For some reason, it seems that most French songs are about food... But I don't mind.  I will eat anything (even a purple toy bowl)!

Speaking of food... that week Céleste found her toes... yummy! way to go sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment