Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our trip to Europe... Normandy (3/6)

So after the first week in Ste Cécile, we went to visit Normandy...


Emilie: I drove the whole family there. Papa's uncle was super nice and he let us use his car. I like French cars, except when the AC does not work and it's 80F outside!



We stayed at Papa's friend Lucile's house.  One of our first excursions was to walk in the "prés-salés" at Genêts. It's basically mud from the sea where the vegetation that grows is salty because of the proximity to the sea. You can even taste the salt in the meat of the sheeps who are being raised there.


Céleste: I tried to taste Emilie's foot and indeed it was very salty!!!





A couple of days later, we visited the Mont Saint-Michel, an amazing rocky tidal island with a city and an abbey on top.



The abbey was very cool to visit... There was this big church and we started to cry to see how much our voices would resonate... But Mama did not like that too much and she brought us in the cloister to calm down and feed.  Also, there may or may not have been some poopy diaper changing in that holy place!   Shhh- don't tell!


 We had a very good time going thru all the stairs with Papa and Mama.
We had to quickly leave before high-tide as the water totally covers the parking lot! But it was an awesome day!


During that week, we also had the opportunity to visit the D-Day beaches: pointe d'hoc, Omaha beach, American cemetery. I think Mama tried all the positions to carry us: front, back, sandwich...

That was quite something to see those places with so much *sad* history

We visited other places like St Malo and Granville. There were not always bathrooms available so Mama had to improvise in order to find convenient changing tables...
Emilie: I am not a big fan of those long car drive... I think I was able to communicate it clearly when I was being asked to stay in my car seat:
So Papa decided to put me on the driver seat... I really like driving that car!!

Céleste: I was jealous... me too I wanted a comfortable seat!  But once we were home, Lucile found me the perfect chair... High 5!

So that pretty much sums up our great week in that area. Time for us to play a little bit with our Sophies and check the next story of our vacations in a couple of days!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like a great trip with beautiful girls and brave parents. What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that huge smile & the fisheye lens pics & the car changing table

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the cutest blogs I have seen, your girls are so smiley!!! I think its awesome you took 2 babies to France at 6 months old...way to go super mom

    ReplyDelete